Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eureka

It's like, the middle of the off-season for fangirling this show, but the Eureka writers have a cool blog project going on at Eureka Unscripted, and now they've got me thinking about that show and why I love it.

It was a show I got hooked on early (or immediately).  I think the cool sci-fi aspects, along with the one episode storylines of the first season were major attractors.  But mostly, of course, I love the characters.  Some of them are the fun, more flat, farcical characters, and some are strikingly real.  Fargo and Taggart, and sometimes even Carter and Jo are practically caricatures.  Whereas I think Zoe, Allison and Henry are very three-dimensional and they add realism and grit to the show.  

It's a wonderful mixture, and it works very well for them.  Seriously, check Eureka out. I think they did an outstanding job balancing out their characters.

Gosh, I'd love to play a Fargo or a Taggart kind of character.  That's totally where my passion lies.  Coming up with little quirks, and focusing on physicality, bringing the funny.  Taking a few given character traits and turning those traits into a character that you might shake your head at, but that you can believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment