Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Mission!

This isn't going to be a blog where all I talk about is myself.  I'm also going to talk about acting, and sci fi, and acting IN sci-fi.  However, all blogs need an introduction, don't they?

So here I am, a perfectly (seriously, perfectly) happy stay-at-home-mom of a wonderful 3-year-old boy.  And I'm wondering, what else could my life possibly have in store for me?

I'm 27 years old, and I've never really had any career aspirations, or any kind of professional ambitions.  I've had and fulfilled a lot of personal goals, but professionally, I haven't done much at all.  So I examined things.   What would be my dream job?

It took all of about 3 seconds to be like, "I love sci-fi!  And I love acting!  I want to be a sci-fi actor!"

So, I'm going to be one.  Feeling very Yoda here.  There is no try!  I will be an actor on a sci-fi show, or in a sci-fi movie.

My highest aspirations would be to be a star on a SyFy Channel original series (because I love them, almost without exception).  So that's where I am aiming.  For the stars.

It's about darn time I tried to have a career in something.  I didn't pick something easy, but where's the fun in that?  Goals don't all have to be easily achievable to be worthwhile.

So here I am, a fangirl on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment